Monday, July 09, 2012

Rehabilitating myself

I'm pretty glad that I'm in the business of rehabilitation. In view of recent event, I would say I'm putting knowledge gained from work to good use. And given that I'm now on the other end, I have a better idea of how the skills impart can be very useful and what it takes to have successful rehabilitation. Now even when I think about things, I would still cry occasionally, but I'm glad that I no longer feel the pain. 

I equate the whole experience to that of offending. It was a mistake that I have made due to greed and fear, inability to delay gratification and negative peer influence. It's evident when I chose the easier way out to deal with reality and uncertainty. 

Fortunately, I have protective factors that helped me deal with my issues. The previous experience gave me certain enlightenment which I have not forgotten, accompanied by the presence of many positive listening ears and the encouragement they gave definitely aid me in tiding through this period. And of course, personal acceptance of responsibility and motivation to change is the most important of all.  

I do not regret this mistake made. Because if it had not happened, I would not have grown to be who I am today. At the end of the day, I am sure that I do not want to, and will not re-offend again. 

No comments: