Saturday, April 17, 2010

some time ago, my big big boss send an email to all of us because he felt it was really meaningful. and i felt the same too... this is it:


I Saw a Boy Today

I saw a boy today.

He has not gone to school for a while.

He spends his time at the beach, with his dad who is broke, without a job and a home.

He hangs around with his dad’s carefree friends. Friends bigger and stronger than him.

His mother is working, I was told.

He goes to his favourite place – Macdonald everyday to pass his time.

I saw a boy today.

I told him we have a place for the whole family to stay for a while, to get some help.

He said to me he does not want to go back to school. His dad said he was bullied there.

The boy waved goodbye to his dad’s carefree friends. Tears started flowing down his chubby face as he stepped into the van.

He fell asleep, his dad in a daze.

I saw a boy today.

I thought of my son.

I looked at this boy with a heavy heart. He deserves more than this.

We stepped into the lift to the 10th floor. He likes the place, he said.

He asked me is it expensive to stay in this place. I looked at him with a smile.

He face was lifted up when he saw story books and toys in a small room with a drawing board.

He was happy and started drawing. A sad mother and a sad child in a bubble wrapped around was a picture he showed us.

I hugged him and told him everything is going to be fine. I left him with the staff.

I saw a boy today.

No child should be made to grow up too fast.

He reminds me of my son and what a loving dad must do.

I went home that night and hugged my son tightly as he greeted me at the door step.

I thought of the boy today. His face lingers in my mind.

I wonder how he is doing and hope all his dreams will come true.

Dedicated to the child picked up on 1 Mar 2010.

No comments: