Monday, January 21, 2013

Snippets of life

Hasn't blogged for a very long time because I was busy with many things that had been going on in my life.

2012 went past and it was like hell. 2013 came, and things can only get better.

Health
Went through 2 wisdom tooth operations and got all 4 removed. It's not like they were giving me any problem, but it was just a preventive move.

Probably only people in healthcare or rehabilitative work will understand the importance of such prevention. You don't do something only when it creates problem. By then, hurt and damage would have already been caused. I definitely wouldnt want to get myself into that kind of state.

In any case, according to a few of my colleagues, I'm no longer wise.

School
Completed 3 assignments, of which one received an A grade. Have to credit a few people for what I've gotten.

To Allan, for the many discussions that we had and for editing my papers for me.
To Justin, for editing my papers for me.
To DC, for the moral support, constantly reminding me to focus on doing my papers and checking on my progress.

Completed 2 examinations and obtained fairly decent grades. Not what I aimed for, but not too bad for 3 years of being out of school. Similarly, I have people to thank too:

To Allan, for helping me out on a few occasions when I had problems understanding the concepts.
To DC, for accompanying me study all the time and trying to help me figure out things that I had difficulty understanding.

Semester 2 just started. According to some people from the previous batch, the modules in the current semester are the most hectic. Good luck to me, and work hard!!!

Love
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put this into words.

The previous one ended not very long ago. Most people had been very concerned about how I was coping with it. I desperately packed my timetable with activities to get myself occupied so that it was easier for me to get over. Long working hours, study, dance, keyboard, holiday, and going out with people all the time.

The thing about stuffing your schedule with so many things is that, meeting up with old friends and learning keyboard created chances and topics for friendship to develop into further possibilities.

I had my concerns and reservations: about things going too fast, about whether it was a rebound, about whether I really liked him instead of merely touched by all that he had done for me, about what others may think, about whether I can ever trust love again.

The turning point was really when I went on vacation before I really understood what I felt. Thankful that he stood firm when I was going through all the uncertainty and insecurity, and most importantly putting my feelings as his top priority.

Yes, I think that you are worthy to be the partner in my next love adventure. Its merely 2 weeks since we got together, and we already experienced the downs when I suddenly got cranking over my insecurities. Fortunately, the downs that we face further highlight how much we care for and love each other, and emphasize how much we really want to be together.

To my dearest, I hope we continue to find happiness in the many days to come, and to love each other to the best of our abilities.

Life
Fulfilling as it will be, I have many sources of happiness in life that is going to keep me happily occupied.

Work - still meaningful, and fulfilling.
School - tough to be working and studying at the same time. Complaining from time to time, but I'm still glad I'm doing this.
Dance - still dancing around with my happy shoes!
Keyboard - old interest, new hobby. Slow, but at least I'm moving forward.
Friends - still in touch, nothing gets worse with them around :)
Love - going strong :)

2013, may you prove to be better than 2012.

No comments: