Friday, February 25, 2011

I fell down the stairs in an accident 2 weeks ago. Even though my ankle swell immediately, the lacking in sense of pain did not warrant a need to see the doctor immediately, or almost immediately. I decided to utilize my own knowledge to attempt to treat it and slowly wait for things to turn for the better by itself.

The swell continued to remain the same size as it was 2 weeks ago. Miraculously, I was able to walk normally most of the time except when I just woke up or when I needed to walk faster. However, I have been contemplating in recent days whether I should just make a trip to the doctor to check out what was exactly wrong with my leg given that the swell has not subsided any single bit.

I was trying to decide whether I should go to find out more about my injury and started talking to some of my colleagues who had prior experiences of visiting the doctors for similar injury. Time and cost came into the picture. WK says a normal clinic is not good because they would take time to refer me to a hospital to get a x-ray done. However, a better clinic with x-ray facilities costed him about $300-$400 the last time.

I was close to deciding to go to the A&E but I was concerned about the A&E abuse. Crap.

I shall just go to the clinic some time soon because I realised that... I was insured! :)
------------------------------
On one occasion some time, I randomly passed a comment...

Me: Gilbert, Gilbert, Gilbert.
Gilbert: what?
Me: Hey Gilbert, why are you such a Gilbert?
Gilbert: ???

When I went to work today, I noticed that my ipod cable was missing from my desk.
Before I knew it, I found out where it went...

Gilbert: Hey J, I borrowed your cable because I'm a Gilbert.
Me: ?????

No comments: