Jus brought me around the school in the morning the next day. Made comparisons between the local universities and his school, cultures and some other random discussions of disciplines.
Even compounds like these are classroom for lessons.
Didn't take photos of the school buildings but they all looks so pretty. Environment is so comfortable and nice, school libraries's collection is so impressive! The volume of collection is simply way above those that we have in NUS.
He behaved much more like a tourist than I do, asking me to take pictures of him with school buildings, statues, scenery...
Walked to the lake behind his school and saw some ducks! There were rabbits running around his school too!
Something that really puzzled me: why is there a carousel out of nowhere in the middle of the city centre?
The magistrates court
For the queen, the law and the people.
Supreme court
The police station doesn't look like one too.
Walked all the way to the National australian museum. Quite a long walk but I was enjoying every moment of solitude. Good time for thinking and reflection. Can't emphasis any less that the cool weather makes the whole walking experience totally different from Singapore.
Right beside a lake, the super big museum had a good collection of exhibits that shows the developmental past, geology background and biological makeup of the country. Awesome place.
Exhibit of a platypus
You can even try out the convict leg chains
Designer model of the Sydney opera house
Would definitely mark this place as a "must visit" if anybody is visiting Australia. The museum really tries to make the whole visiting experience engaging. The only flaws I can find with the museum are that the exhibitions can be organized in a better way so that visitors would be more clear of directions to go, and that the later part ofthe museum seems to be a little dusty. My sensitive to dust nose and skin can definitely pick those minute things up. I had to brisk through the rest of the exhibits because I can't stand the dust.
Talked to one of the museum curator and found out that the centre of the museum was designed with an artistic blueprint of Australia with multiple overlapping maps. Maps that demarcates australia by regions, by language, by altitude, natural landscape, etc. cool stuff.
Took my own sweet time to stroll back to the university to find Jus at the library and waited 1 hour for him to knock off before we head for dinner with his friend.
Singaporean style dinner in overseas country is definitely not comparable to what we have back home. But the company was good. Visited her hostel after dinner and slowly walked back to Jus's place.
Had a long constructive conversation on the way back. Talked about school and work, us back then and now, life and things greater than life. That was when I rediscover the spirit of living: what I lost in the midst of working.
And I lived again.
No comments:
Post a Comment