Sunday, April 17, 2011

Taking off

Its been barely 1 week since Melv's farewell. ZZ already outwardly displayed his love for Melv by writing 'I miss MK' on his small white board. News of more people leaving are spreading like wild fire within the office. Unfortunately, the good fortune of some are spreading like wild fire too and it is definitely adding on to the negative sentiments that some are already thinking. Its pretty depressing and demoralizing.

While waiting for a lift home on Friday, Augustina and I did a quick run through of the list and started pointing out the likelihood of who goes before us, and who's departure will impact us. We couldnt really come down to a conclusion because past experiences have proved that things just come unexpectedly. Its just like how I got a shock when Fazzy Wassy told me that he is leaving next month. Even more shocking news came shortly after (Y told me that in view of recent events, he decided that he had probably overstayed in this job). That was when I started to feel depressing. The person that will really impact me the most, needless to say, is khiddo.

I was having some private talk with G on thurs night. She's going on leave for 3 weeks and then it will be my turn for 4 weeks. We realised that we wont be seeing each other for 2 months, and it felt strange. We started to 'OMG, we wont be seeing each other for 2 months". ok, this is not the point.

We started discussing about all the 'quitters and stayers' thing. Content of the talk shall be left confidential. I figured out that I'll probably be one of the last among our batches, 2 months after they all have left.

All these leaving... I'm really feeling it. Who that really matters to me, will be there to sign on my card?

No comments: