Original plan was to go to Lingyin Temple in the morning but I decided to back out from the plan since I've been there before. Thought I could possibly spent some time walking around instead.
Changed plans and headed off to the Dragon Well Tea Village.
We randomly followed a stranger auntie to her house and spent the whole morning there. Should I have been alone, this is definitely not something that I would do. At 1 point of time, I was considering the possibility of us getting robbed. But I decided that I wont really have a lot to lose since most of my valuables are not with me.
There's a well at the entrance of the village. I supposed by virtue of tradition/custom, everybody is expected to wash up with the well water before entering. Or at least that's my observation for the mere 10 mins I spent at the entrance.
Its amazing how the water is able to remain at icy cold temperature despite the hot weather and the open top.
Had a cultural exchange over a few cups of Dragon Well Tea 龙井茶。
Went back to the couch surfer's house to take our luggage before going to his sock shop. Seriously, the queue to take the life up the building is no joke. Take a look:
His business seems to be doing quite well. He was telling us about how the area pf the shop expanded multiple times and now they have 2 offices. I must say I was pretty amazed by how his sock business can earn him enough to work super minimal hours and still able to go on overseas trips multiple times a year.
Took a bus to Suzhou. Reached a super secluded alighting point. Cabbed to the walking street where our hostel was located. It just looked entirely like what we saw on TV. The shophouses on clobbered street with the weeping willow tree alongside the banks of the a 'river'. I already have a feeling I'm loving the place. Its simply too relaxing and makes you feel like slowing down your footsteps just to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the place.
Checked into Mingtang youth hostel. Awesome place too! Traditional courtyard-style accomodation. Totally loved it.
Things got abit tricky. I have no idea how I can resolve this. I need to be more firm with my emotions.
Till tomorrow comes...
No comments:
Post a Comment