Tuesday, August 09, 2011

28-Days China Expedition - Day 1 Sg-Hangzhou

ok im finally getting down to transferring my handwritten notes of my china trip onto my blog. Warning: day 1 is all boring talk. The action starts on day 2.

Pre-trip memo:
GE results announced on 07 May 2011, 9.30pm. That is also the time I started packing for my trip. Packing process lasted exactly through the release of voting results. Of course, I could have been done faster if not because I was partially pre-occupied with looking out for the results and the various constituencies and commenting after the announcements.

After few hours of sleep, I woke up at 8am to clear some important work, some last minute packing and checking if everything that I would have needed is in place. And of course, work is always sucking every single pre-trip minute so I was practically rushing work like crazy. Rushed to A Soo's house to drop some last minute instructions and documents before rushing to the airport with all my work left behind.

08 May 2011 (Sunday) - Day 1
My main concern was the overweight baggage because my carry-on limit was 7kg. My bag weighed 9.5kg. Good gracious. I had no idea what to throw away should the need arises. Fortunately, the counter assistant was apologetic about some checking-in procedures that she did not weigh my bag! Phew! *I promise i wont do that again*

Went through the departure gate but I was still on my phone trying to contact some colleagues to give some last minute instructions again. Called khiddo to tell him about my exciting story in the morning. You know one thing for sure, I will really miss khiddo while I'm away.

Once its done, goodbye work and hello to 4-weeks vacation! Got on the plane and off I went!

Transit at KL, ate some penang laksa while waiting.

I was thinking about how I was going to spend the next 28 days with him. Even though I have the itinerary, 28-days is really long and I haven't spent that amount of time away from home/work/friends yet.

On the plane to Hangzhou, I sat all by myself beside the window. I looked out multiple times. Looking at the sky turning from bright skyline to pure darkness; looked out for the moon and the stars. So many things crossed my mind and went into deep thoughts. How am I going to spend 24/7 of the next 28 days facing somebody who used to share a very close and intimate relationship with me but not anymore now? What kind of attitude should I have towards him, and how should I behave? I totally have no idea how I'm going to deal with him. It's been too long. I really dont know how to be friends with him again. I just spent the next 5 hours of flight thinking about all these. 

When the plan finally landed, we headed off to MacDonald's to have a fast meal before we cabbed to the city centre to where our accommodation was. We were staying with a couch surfer, who was nice and friendly guy offering us not only his living room for 2 nights, but also advised on how to go around touring the city.

H told me that the CS asked him "what s your gf's name". He just answered without clarifying that we're not together. Why did he not clarify? The same question as why he did not tell his family about the breakup.

By the end of the day, we're dead beat. And the journey starts...

No comments: