PJ's farewell last week was quite a major disruption to the few of us. Augustina and a few others are definitely experiencing separation anxiety, evident from his/their daily visit to the empty table and say 'this is the XX day without PJ', and his small little white board scribbling 'emo-ing since XX day PJ left' blah blah blah. Poor Augustina.
Sabby is leaving this friday too. And the next will be the intern that turned part-time worker.
With all 3 immediate neighbours around me leaving, I'm almost the only one left standing in the immediate kampung. The other one left is so quiet that she hardly talks. I hope new neighbours will fill the seats soon. Even if they are not filled up, I'll probably used the empty seat of PJ as my hiding corner since her seat is strategically blocked from the eyes of the bosses and nobody will be peeking in to see who's there if nobody is supposed to be seated there :)
-------------------------
Technology may have been useful for enhanced security, but the time taken to ensure smooth running of operations need to be further reviewed.
Went to B2 today for an interview. I wanted to be early so I went half an hour earlier than usual. To my horror, it took me exactly that extra 30 mins to get myself in. Not that they are usually very fast (they usually take about 10-15 mins and I already think it is ridiculous), but I was just not expecting myself to have to spend 30 mins to get clearance to get in.
Given the nature of the venue, it is definite that caution is exercise to ensure that the clearance is given to the right persons. However, I really felt that there is a need to re-look at the process or the operations of the security screening.
Technology is meant to minimize wastage or resources and ease work procedures, without compromising, if not enhancing effectiveness. It doesn't make sense for the queue at the entrance to be long and slow-moving such that people have to spend a significant amount of time waiting.
-------------------------
Funny incident @ B2:
Went to B2 with G today.
After the interview, the security officer at the counter was returning my identification to me.
Officer: Here you go, Ms Jeraldine.
He went back to process the next identification, only to realise that it was also a 'Ms Geraldine'.
He returned the card to G without saying anything but he gave the 'i was so stupid' look.
We both walked away, laughing at him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment