Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mobilization

Notified on Monday that I have been mobilized to perform duty at PE 2011.

Retribution for laughing at Rosie for having to attend training on top of our busy busy workload.

I must admit that I was quite depressed initially with the thought of having to work more than full day while everybody else is enjoying their extra-earned public holiday. But then, I realised that it is the first time I am serving duty for my country (thanks to the fact that I am not a guy in my country).

As much as it is a kind of 'within the expected duty' of a public servant, how many people in the population to be part of the crew? Even though I'm doing 'brainless' work, it takes a lot of vigilance and meticulosity for an Election Officer to do his/her job well. Anybody can do a slipshod work and obtain tonnes of complains from the public for being rude, incompetent, hinder the process of voting, or worst of all, breaching the secrecy and confidentiality of voting. I definitely do not want to be part of the condemned.

I look forward to doing my job well, and be part of the crew that can serve the nation with pride.

No comments: