Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Faintz

Ting got update, so FS planned for an impromptu meeting.

Went from home because I didn't go to work today. Took a train and happily took out my book to read. People alighted at several stops, but I didnt take the seats. Thought that the 30 mins of standing would fit in the little bit of exercise for the day since I'm not doing all the usual walking around in office. 

I wanted to grumble about being stupid and not taking the seats because I was irritated by the people's lacked of awareness when their bags/racket/etc items kept brushing and pushing me. When the train reached Bugis, I suddenly felt unwell. Something didn't feel right and I started to feel dizzy. I knew I had to get out of the train and I'm alighting at the next stop already. That 2 minutes ride between the 2 stops became really bad. 

I felt like throwing up and really faint. Because the train was packed, I had to gather all the remaining energy to squeeze out of the train. As I pushed my way out, I was slowly losing my sight. Literally. Luckily there was a pillar in front of the door so I leaned on it and squat down just before I lose consciousness. So many people walked passed me but none bothered to help. They were just busy trying to up the escalator so that they can get out of the train station. Sad.

When the platform was almost empty, 2 girls approached me and offered to help me to a seat nearby. I suspect they were either from First Aid uniform group or they're nursing/medical students because they were able to give me simple advice like putting my head in between my knees to circulate the blood flow to my brain. I don't know if I had scared them because they said I looked pale like sheet and I was breaking out in cold sweat. I did asked them whether they had a plastic bag with them because I really wanted to throw up. They left shortly after I told them that I had SMS my friend to find me at the platform. Nice girls, quite pretty too. 

There were 2 other occasions when I had similar experiences but the most recent one was quite a few years back. Back then, I had either squat down in the train because I was standing at the intersection of carriages, or there were nice people who gave up their seats for me when they saw that I was unwell. The person beside me even offered me mint sweets. But they were not as close to losing consciousness as this one. 

At that point of time, I was only thinking about what could have happened if I had fainted in the train or when I alighted at the platform. 


No comments: