Bad rest from the horrendous train ride. And so I needed another short rest at the hostel.
According to the map of Beijing, our desired hostel should be within walking distance from the train station. However, we had to walked super far and only to realise that it's still another long walk. We kinda quarreled along the streets because I had some negative emotions and psychological reminder that I'm some cumbersome burden to him. Bad anger management on my part.
Eventually, we approached some passerby and took their advise to cab down instead. Approached a random hostel within sight. Turned out to be quite a good hostel and I really enjoyed the stay. 4-bed dormitory, sharing with an italian guy.
He tried to pacify me with physical touch. At that point of time, I seriously was at a loss for words. I didnt felt comforted at all because it has lost all its meaning. It's redundant, inappropriate and meaningless. Why is he still behaving like we're still together when we're not? Does he now know that this is inappropriate already? I really can't guess what he is thinking.
He tried to pacify me with physical touch. At that point of time, I seriously was at a loss for words. I didnt felt comforted at all because it has lost all its meaning. It's redundant, inappropriate and meaningless. Why is he still behaving like we're still together when we're not? Does he now know that this is inappropriate already? I really can't guess what he is thinking.
Took a bus out to the Temple of Heaven (天坛), the imperial place of worship and religious rituals. Before we reached the actual destination, we had to walk through a garden/park. Cool weather, nice walk.
Nice beautiful gardens behind the red walls... very relaxing. Walking slowly along the path, pass the trees and have a occasional break at the pavilion. I wish everyday is a holiday.
And these are not even half of the actual crowd that we saw!
The place was so huge. Good for the emperor/empress/princess/princes that they didn't have to do all the walking when they visit the place twice a year for rituals. They were carried in sedans for goodness sake. Pity all the servants, especially those who had to carry the sedans.
Took notice of this particular guy who took a picture of himself at the Circular Mound Altar. He had plenty of piercings on his face and body. He turned out to be our roommate. Back at the hostel, I told him that I recognised him from the Temple of Heaven. He said that people always gave him peculiar looks and views him as a monster because of his piercings. That wasn't the reason why I had noticed him in the first place. It was purely because he was taking a photo of himself and I wanted to offer some help. I didn't in the end because he looked like he was having fun. And I didn't clarify what I meant when I told him that I recognised him.
Went out to eat Peking duck for diiner. Read through Lonely Planet and decided to go to one of the recommended 便一方. Didn't order much except for the duck and a dish of vegetables because its expensive stuff and we have to be on tight budget throughout the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment